- What to order (though you can’t go wrong with any of it): house red wine (they only have house red, no white or bubbles), tortellini in broth, chicken cooked in butter (we dream about this chicken), wild strawberries in cream. Note: the chicken comes as one large breast cut in 2. Unless you are very hungry, 2 people can share one order of the chicken
- Reservations: Strongly recommended
- Hours : 12:30 – 2:30 for lunch and 7:30 to 9:45 for dinner Monday to Friday
This cool refuge from the Florence bustle and heat is in via de’ Tornabuoni.. While the food is good, their outdoor couches with a bottle of rosé is even better. This is the perfect spot to stop before lunch or later in the afternoon when your feet and legs are starting to grow weary.
- Reservations: Not needed if you are going to sit and have wine though it can get busy in peak season
- Hours: 12 to 11:00 pm
- What to order: Toscana Rosé or Prosecco. If you are in the mood for a snack, their nibbles are good too
Il Santo Bevitore
A large restaurant in a great location. We were skeptical due to the size but the food had us convinced by the end of the meal. They offer simple pastas, salads, mains and fantastic dessert. The restaurant is very reasonably priced.
- Reservations: recommend but can also walk in
- Hours: 12:30 to 2:30 pm for lunch 7:30 to 11:30 pm for dinner
- What to order: The menu is small and changes frequently. Their simple pasta dishes are not to be missed. As well, their chicken secondi was fantastic.